Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding my jamming problem.

Aircooled6racer

Hello: Well I broke out the new 5 gallon bucket of once fired brass. It is all ready to go-I thought. I loaded up a couple of hundred for two matches that I would be shooting. Never case gauged these since they are ready to go. I had two bad jams one in each match. The last match I ended up zeroing the stage. Could it be the new gun I built or what? Well I checked what I was reloading with was not the nice ready to go brass but the brass that was shot in Glocks,H&K's, sub guns etc. It was not run through the Case Pro like I thought. That is the other bucket. They got mixed up after the move last year. Lesson learned again the hard way--case gauge all ammo. My reloader should know that by now, I will have to talk to him about it. The best part is now I know what is going on and have solved the problem. I am also going back to HS-6 from Auto Comp to see how much I missed HS-6. Thanks, Eric

Hello: For the big matches I do case gauge all my ammo. For local matches I never have to. The Case Pro does a great job resizing even the sub gun brass and brass that I have gotten from government agencies. I am just glad I found the problem. Now to work up the HS-6 loads for the new gun. Thanks, Eric