Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

String 2 -- Which Target to Index on

Looking over stages for Double Tap Championship I ran across one that looks pretty interesting. It is a 3 target, basically 3 Bill Drill course of fire. What makes it interesting is that on the second string you have 2 Bill Drills to do. One on a wide open target and one with only the A zone of the target with No-Shoots on either side.

What I was wondering is how most of you would shoot it. Woud you index on the full target off the draw and the partially hidden target on the reload, or vice versa.

This is kind of quandry to me, because I like to shoot Right to left whenever possible, but that would mean indexing on the partially hidden target on the draw. And even with a Dot gun, I am still a C shooter and that is kind of nerve racking.

I welcome any and all thought or suggestions on the matter.

http://www.doubletapranch.com/Images/Stage...hamp_march.html

Happy Shooting

EDIT: NOW I feel like an idiot having read Robert's course description wrong, but just to see what y'all might do lets keep talking about it as I wrote it up above.

You talking about the stage entitled "Double Team"??? Read the course description again..... T1 is the center target.... So, you're question is moot :)

Not sure exactly how I'd shoot it, if it were set up the way you initially read it - probably start with the open target. One of the things drilled into me was to get to the shooting as quickly as possible. However - sometimes it's easier to speed up than slow down and become more patient in the latter half of the string. Either way, you'd be coming to that partial target on the draw or following the reload....

Dave

Depends on the array, yardage, and situation. Normally I will draw on a open target, but if the array favors shooting a more difficult one first I will. Be flexible and practice everything, that way the things that strike fear into your opponents will only give you more points.

team_roscoe.gif

If this is the one that you're referring to, notice that T2 is the left-most target and T3 is the right-most.

Turn and draw to the left target, reload and engage the right target. That's what makes the most sense if you're a righty.

• 3 weeks later...

You are Correct 300#Gorilla

the Question is there if the stage description is reread...

Two Strings.... One - Shoot Target 1 only.... 6 rounds

string two - Now you can shoot the outside targets

here is where one can shoot to his/her style.....

Turn right shoot T2 first and then reload and then T3

turn left .. shoot T3 --- then --- T2 ....

it is how ever you are comfortable turning on the draw...

while most turn into the pistol... (ie strong (right) turn right )

strong left turn left...

The only Trick part of this stage is Avoiding the No shoots

on String one Target one...

SuperComp9 aka Jerry K..