Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How well do you drive?

Sam

Oh, did I forget maximum speeeeed...? Just a tad over 100 on the Bayshore Highway (northbound) one sunny Xmas morning (no traffic), and somehow I managed to see three CHP before running out of highway. Jaguar XKE convertible (bright red, of course). Plenty of power left... wish I'd had more highway. Oddly, no one pulled me over. ;)

• 6 months later...

Fastest speed, travelled: 152 MPH on Hayabusa (pucker marks still on seat)

Fastest speed, ticket received: 78 in 55, reduced to $100 fine, no points in court

Number of tickets received, lifetime so far: 4

Average daily velocity: 90+ MPH on highways, at least 20 MPH over prevailing limit on back roads.

4-wheel vehicles totalled: 1

4-wheel vehicles damaged, not totalled: 1

2-wheel vehicles totalled: 0

2-wheel vehicles damaged, not totalled: 1

Other cars jumped/smashed/run-over in my big-ass truck with no damage to my truck: 2

Number of years driving like this: 17 years

Lucky or good, it's been a wild ride...

I got a speeding ticket today......

:angry::angry::angry:

on the way to the Mazda ZoomZoom driving event! My husband signed us up: his start time was 9:45 and mine was 10:15....

Turns out that was the registration time not the time you had to be at the pits!

:angry::angry::angry:

I spend a lot of time driving in Pittsburgh which while not LA driving can be a sport in itself. For some reason whenever I'm in KC at the "corp office" I usually end up frightening at least 2-3 of my co-workers during each trip and usually get the "bird" at least once. I just don't see how it's my fault that no one else in KC is as good as a driver as I am...... :P:ph34r::huh:

I'm in the same boat as Dan as far as dirt bikes go, I've had more than one shall we say flying in the wrong direction.... :o

Fastest speed, nothing to impressive but I did have my '90 Honda Accord up to 105 a couple of times. I'm fairly sure that had I had access to some of the cars that some folks here have I would not have survived my formative years.... :ph34r:

after owning several cars...Mustangs, Capri's,Rx-7,390 Galixie, 429 66' Ford shortbox, motorcycles, and currently a 2000 Z- 28, and Suzuki 1200 bandit ,

..... I've lost track in all the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do remember seeing 180mph at one time but that was a long time ago.. ;)