Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

clubs.practiscore sync question

jester121

For squad balancing. Have you tried to sort by squad? And then use long tap to enter into multiple selection mode for group operations?

I was trying to do that very thing the other night... I could grab multiple shooters, just couldn't figure out how to move them... ended up editing each shooter separately...

Zack helped a lot to test this multiple-selection stuff on several different devices, so we managed to get it to work everywhere. It is a standard Android UI interaction pattern and in this mode action bar can show various actions for selected items. 1.2.27 has squad, delete/undelete and 1.2.28 will also add change division and class for selected shooters. Depending on device, on screen size and on Android OS version, some of those actions can be under action bar menu (or device context menu button).

Please try to understand that there are folks out there that do not know the "standard Android UI interaction patterns", just as there are those who do not know the corresponding iOS user conventions.

Oh, and "sort by squad number shows sub-headers with squad size" as shown in the 1.2.25 change log, DOES NOT document the feature that allows the user to move multiple users to a squad with a single action.

It's a damn nice feature and goes a long way towards the stated goal by everyone of eliminating ezwinscore from the match scoring loop, and thanks to Zack and Euxx for its development. That's genuinely good work.

BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE IT EXISTS!

...Oh, and "sort by squad number shows sub-headers with squad size" as shown in the 1.2.25 change log, DOES NOT document the feature that allows the user to move multiple users to a squad with a single action.

BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE IT EXISTS!

I know I am not going to make you happy, but did tell just that right in the next row you quoted: "Delete/undelete and assign to squad multiple shooters". I also posted a video how to squad people on Practiscore Facebook page.

Ah, you're right, thank you. Maybe the awkward wording threw me. Can I suggest different?:

"Delete, undelete, or squad groups of multiple shooters in a single operation. Press and hold on a given shooter until it highlights and shows 'selected', tap to select additional shooters, then select 'delete/undelete' or 'squad' number from the top of the screen."

In other words, don't just tell them the feature exists; describe as briefly as reasonable how it works.

There are folks out there that do not know the "standard Android UI interaction patterns", just as there are those who do not know the corresponding iOS user conventions.

And how would anyone know from the change log to go look for a youtube video?

And again, It's a damn nice feature and goes a long way towards the stated goal by everyone of eliminating ezwinscore from the match scoring loop, and thanks to Zack and you for its development. That's genuinely good work.

Edited by wgnoyes