Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Props to Dillon Phone System

I guess Monday morning isn't a great time to call Dillon. I had my first ever wait for help from them.

What I liked was that their system would periodically tell you how far down the queue you were. :D

Smitty, I probably had to wait for you! :) I also called this morning and had to wait in queue.

I agree, being notified of your queue location is so much better than waiting with no idea how long it will be. I just put the phone on speaker and went about my business until one of the tech support guys picked up. Needless to say, he was helpful. This is Dillon, after all.

They need to hire a couple new people. Wouldnt cost that much.

I'd rather they didn't, I prefer to wait a short time on hold while I leave the phone on speaker than increasing their pricing to cover the costs of hiring more people.

But, I presume Dillon Precision has a better idea about how to manage their phone bank and labor force than I do.

Monday mornings are usually the busiest time for a phone in help desk, especially if the desk is closed on weekends. When I can, I will usually try to call on a Tuesday...usually not as long a wait.

Edited by TimV

• 2 weeks later...

An update, I had need of replacement part along with the right case feed adapter for my 22tcm reloading, and called at 4:45 their time just before close. Was on hold just long enough to hear most of the initial message, maybe 15 seconds. Ordered and paid for part in just a minute or so with very pleasant gentleman.