Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me build my SP01 .

AdamMP9

Hey guys .

I'm transitioning over from my M&P Pro Series to my SP01 . I just prefer the DA/SA platform better as well as the extra added weight of the weapon . Clearly , ALOT of people run SP01's however , mine is completely stock at the moment , minus the CGW comp sights . I also have a " Cajunized " P09 but as I said I just prefer the heavier weapon . I have had my SP01 for years and she has some mileage on her so would you guys mind pointing me in the proper direction on what I need to do in terms of shooting it in Production .

It is NOT the decocker model , and obviously I need to get some trigger work done and maybe put a short reset kit in it but my main concern is going to be the proper springs weights IE: Hammer spring , main spring , recoil spring etc . If it's any help I generally shoot 124G JHP right above power factor , or 147G RN also right above power factor just barely .

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !

Cajun Gun Works

10040, CZC race hammer and CGW sear

11.5# hammer spring

TR-PIN (floating trigger pin)

RP-TRS (reduced power trigger return spring)

85C trigger

1485-T2 disconnector (short reset disconnector)

Recoil springs 11lb

Extended firing pin (included in SRS-2)

This is what's in my SP-01. Basically call David at Cajun gun works and ask what he would recommend.

With polishing the above setup is 5lb 4oz Double action, 2lb 7oz single action. Sets off CCI primers 100%.

Cajun Gun Works

10040, CZC race hammer and CGW sear

11.5# hammer spring

TR-PIN (floating trigger pin)

RP-TRS (reduced power trigger return spring)

85C trigger

1485-T2 disconnector (short reset disconnector)

Recoil springs 11lb

Extended firing pin (included in SRS-2)

This is what's in my SP-01. Basically call David at Cajun gun works and ask what he would recommend.

With polishing the above setup is 5lb 4oz Double action, 2lb 7oz single action. Sets off CCI primers 100%.

That is exactly the trigger lb specs I was looking for . I wanted to be somewhere around 5 1/2 lb DA and 3 lb SA . Thanks for the tips , I'll give David a call on Monday . My P09 he built actually runs very well and is pretty damn accurate . Some tell me I should just shoot that and call it a day , however I just seem to prefer the metal framed heavier guns . No real reason why , recoil impulse doesn't feel much different to me .

Adam,

its not to difficult to do the trigger job yourself and when your done you'll be glad you didn't fork over hundreds of dollars for someone else to do it. Just take it slow and don't let any springs fly anywhere.

Thanks Atlas , going to take a long look at that thread . Appreciate it !

This thread is what I used doing the work on my gun. Atlas laid it all out. Follow that thread, with the parts I listed an you will be golden.

This is exactly what I am going to do . Will be ordering parts today or tomorrow . I should just shoot my cajunized P09 , but I'm stubborn as abull and want to build on my SP01 !