Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Full Size Grips Aluminum BLACK Thin Aggressive Checker

YellowShooter

I got small hands with short thumbs. Although I really like the gripiness of the VZ, I'd rather have the thinnest grips possible so that my reload does not require my strong hands to rotate to release mags.

Can someone owning both the CZC aluminum thin grip and the VZ diamond back please let me know which one is thinner? If the VZ is thicker, by how much? I figure the thinnest grip is probably the CZC aluminum thin + some Talon grip tape?

I know that the CZC thins are thinner than the VZ's, which are thinner than the factory rubber or wood grips. How much thinner though, I'm not sure.

Does anyone know the thickness difference between the CZ USA aluminums and the CZC's?

I've recorded SP-01 Shadow max. grip widths from different sources and measured some myself. Here is my list:

1.10" CZ UB - Al Grip Tape

1.12" CZ UB - Al Checkered

1.12" Marschal Grips - CZ 75/85/SP-01 Thin Wooden

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - THIN AL Grips Aggressive Checker

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - THIN AL Grip Tape

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - AL THIN TEX

1.16" DAA - Thin Al Grip Tape

1.20" CZ Custom Shop - ARCHED AL Grips

1.21" VZ Grips - Diamond Backs G10

1.21" VZ Grips - Tactical Diamonds G10

1.24" CZ Custom Shop - THICK AL Grips Aggressive Checker "The Lemon Graters"

1.24" CZ Custom Shop - THICK AL Grip Tape

1.25" CZ UB - Walnut Wood Tactical Sports Grip (1.35" on TS)

1.27" DAA - Thick Al Grip Tape

1.33" Shooting Sports Innovations - CZ Scales (1.10" upper grip)

1.38" CZ UB - THIN Coco Bolo Grips

1.43" CZ UB - Plastic grips

1.44" CZ UB - Rubber grips (1.39" upper grip)

I hope this helps. There is slight variation from frame to frame and grip to grip. Please add/correct dimensions. Thickness is not everything. The shape is even more important.

Now that is a list. Thanks PRanta.

Has anyone tried the "diamond checkered" CZUB instead of the regular checkered ones? From the close up shot they appear to be almost the same (exactly the same?) as the CZC aggressives, and based on the thicknesses listed here, might be a touch thinner? Enquiring Burger King handed minds want to know.

"diamond checkered" CZUB

I'm unaware of these. I think CZ UB has only one type of checkered grips. Do you have a link?

I think they are newish, cause the last time I was on the shop CZ site I don't remember seeing them.

These ones:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19097_Diamond-Checkered-Black-Aluminum-Grips-7585sp01

Edited by Gooldylocks

I've recorded SP-01 Shadow max. grip widths from different sources and measured some myself. Here is my list:

1.10" CZ UB - Al Grip Tape

1.12" CZ UB - Al Checkered

1.12" Marschal Grips - CZ 75/85/SP-01 Thin Wooden

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - THIN AL Grips Aggressive Checker

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - THIN AL Grip Tape

1.13" CZ Custom Shop - AL THIN TEX

1.16" DAA - Thin Al Grip Tape

1.20" CZ Custom Shop - ARCHED AL Grips

1.21" VZ Grips - Diamond Backs G10

1.21" VZ Grips - Tactical Diamonds G10

1.24" CZ Custom Shop - THICK AL Grips Aggressive Checker "The Lemon Graters"

1.24" CZ Custom Shop - THICK AL Grip Tape

1.25" CZ UB - Walnut Wood Tactical Sports Grip (1.35" on TS)

1.27" DAA - Thick Al Grip Tape

1.33" Shooting Sports Innovations - CZ Scales (1.10" upper grip)

1.38" CZ UB - THIN Coco Bolo Grips

1.43" CZ UB - Plastic grips

1.44" CZ UB - Rubber grips (1.39" upper grip)

I hope this helps. There is slight variation from frame to frame and grip to grip. Please add/correct dimensions. Thickness is not everything. The shape is even more important.

Great list! Exactly what I've been trying to track down. Do you mind if I copy it and add it to the grip size thread I started? Giving you credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, these were new to me. Might be more aggressive than the older? Difficult to see from the picture, but I think they are thin. Purchase those and let us know :). I would be interrested in shorter ones to be used with magwell. I don't know if they are available. CZ USA site is blocked for connections from Europe. It is quite broken through proxy.

Do you mind if I copy it and add it to the grip size thread I started? Giving you credit.

Go ahead, it is made to help CZ lovers. Same grips go for TS and CM, but they are 0.1" wider.

Edited by PRanta