Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Full Size Grips Aluminum BLACK Thin Aggressive Checker

YellowShooter

It's definitely better for me than the grip tape versions,but I'd be happier if there was more aggressive stippling on the front and back straps, or if the checkering was over the entire grip instead of just the middle.

It's definitely better for me than the grip tape versions,but I'd be happier if there was more aggressive stippling on the front and back straps, or if the checkering was over the entire grip instead of just the middle.

Try some skate board tape on the front and back straps.

Did you use the thin stuff like the kind on the cz grips or the thick cut your hands open kind. The stuff I use cuts my fingers and I have to run a metal rod over it when new to break it down a little. My hands are rough and have thick calisuses.

I'm in the same boat...I like the look of the grips the OP is looking at but not sure if they will be any more grippier than what I have. I like the look of the SSI ones but I can see a few cons with that. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect grips for my Accu Shadow. Are there any other ones that we've missed? I might end up making my own.

I just got the VZ grips! minor modification to fit a TS with a magwell =)

Slightly thicker then the aluminum czc but thinner then the wooden ones and rubber ones from the factory. Not that aggresive!

Which VZ did you tested ??

The Diamondbacks are very aggressive

Mj

Has anyone tried filing the stock TS walnut grips thinner (and flat), and then putting grip tape on them? I am used to grip tape on my Glock, and have a bunch left over that I bought at the skate shop. I was thinking I could do a little lay out and cut them to completely cover the grips, assuming I could get them thin enough for my liking.

I just got the VZ grips! minor modification to fit a TS with a magwell =)

Slightly thicker then the aluminum czc but thinner then the wooden ones and rubber ones from the factory. Not that aggresive!

Which VZ did you tested ??

The Diamondbacks are very aggressive

Mj

Those are the one!

i have used both thick and thin CZC aluminum checkered grips and liked them. the "lemon grater" or whatever they are called.

though i am now running the VZ diamond back grips on both my competition guns and am happy with them.

like others, i put grip tape on the radiused part as well.

Better late than never:

17103800405_72dafb0148_b.jpg

The full size thin aggressive checkered grips live up to their other name of lemon graters. Not sharp enough to cut you or make skin zest of your palms, but very grippy indeed!

The CZC accu shadow came with the thin tape grips. I swapped them for the lemon graters on a CZ Kadet and also put a stip of 3M grip tape from Home Depot on the front strap.

I prefer the smooth Miculek grips on wheelguns but on most everything else, it's all about traction.

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never:

17103800405_72dafb0148_b.jpg

The full size thin aggressive checkered grips live up to their other name of lemon graters. Not sharp enough to cut you or make skin zest of your palms, but very grippy indeed!

The CZC accu shadow came with the thin tape grips. I swapped them for the lemon graters on a CZ Kadet and also put a stip of 3M grip tape from Home Depot on the front strap.

I prefer the smooth Miculek grips on wheelguns but on most everything else, it's all about traction.

Are those the same as these:

http://czcustom.com/cz_75-thin-grips-aggressive-checker.aspx

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna dig this one back up.

So I recently put a pair of the aluminum thin grips on my TS. It's lovely how thin they feel, except for the fact that they don't... grip.

So how hard is it to file regular length grips to fit a TS? Because all of the grippy aluminum ones are full length.

Second question, what is the grippiness difference between these two grips?

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19146_Aluminum-Grips-Full-Size-Black-Czub

AND

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19097_Diamond-Checkered-Black-Aluminum-Grips-7585sp01

And how thick and grippy are they compared to:

http://czcustom.com/cz_75-thin-grips-aggressive-checker.aspx

OR

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQVC7ME/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005ZENOBS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QMDFNVJ6YAPTE08537P

I would love to buy and try them all side by side, but unfortunately young college kids don't have piles of extra money for grips laying around :ph34r:

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

::ETA:: I also yesterday tried my Taylor Freelance base pads with the CZC magwell and they just barely don't seat, has anyone ever filed the inside of the back of the magwell to get it to seat? It looked to me that it would only take just a little bit to make them fit, but since it wasn't my magwell I figured I probably shouldn't bust out the dremel :devil:

Edited by Gooldylocks

I got small hands with short thumbs. Although I really like the gripiness of the VZ, I'd rather have the thinnest grips possible so that my reload does not require my strong hands to rotate to release mags.

Can someone owning both the CZC aluminum thin grip and the VZ diamond back please let me know which one is thinner? If the VZ is thicker, by how much? I figure the thinnest grip is probably the CZC aluminum thin + some Talon grip tape?