Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing firing pin block on SP01

mrgrabow

Considering my options on trigger work to an SP01 I just picked up. Been reading the CZ tuning 101 thread. Probably going to call CZC or CGW to discuss replacement parts.. DEFINATELY want to look into a short reset trigger AND figure out how, if possible, to reduce the amount of sear creep once into single stage mode. Anyway, as I'm noodling over the sear group, I can't help but think there's a way to remove the FPB from the slide and replace it with something that doesn't need actuation for the firing pin to function. Then, I see there's the FPB actuating lever in the sear group, which has it's own spring and adds to the trigger pull weight. Can that be deactivated? Maybe remove the return spring?

FWIW, I'm new to the CZ camp so if I'm off base here or if this has been covered in detail previously please point me in the right direction...thanks!

Mark

to remove the block and lever and springs. is pretty straightforward stuff. several videos and step by step on the internet.

will need a spacer or a Pre B sear if you do remove.but as said, not legal for USPSA production or IDPA.

to improve your trigger pull in SA, a new hammer will be wanted.