Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New/Old shooter

redfisher

Just rejoined USPSA after 17 years of absence. Moved from the Midwest to Colorado about 8 months ago. Shot a "defensive pistol" match a couple weeks ago near FC and had a blast, shot it with a browning high power.

So based on gear I already own I'm trying to figure out the most effecient and realiable horse to ride as I ease back into the game. Current viable firearms are:

Open - EGW Caspian (yeah, yeah, yeah) 38 super - Functions great, still have a ton of loaded ammo, primers, brass and bullets, (and some powder) and my dusty and rusty 1050 is still set up for it.

Limited - I have a Para 45 that EGW also build, though not really for competition, I have bunch of old mags but they are untested. I have lots of brass and bullets, and a 550 to reload on.

Limited option 2 - I have a Glock 35, and at least 6 mags. and i'm pretty sure I have 40 cal dies for the 550.

So I can shoot open fully understanding I won't be as "competitive" as the 2011's with more capacity. but hey at my age I'm not playing in that league any way.

But if I wanted to also shoot limited, Para or Glock? will it come down to magazine reliability? 40 vs 45? I can throw a mag well, base pads, a trigger and sights at the Glock fairly easily, will it cost me a fortune to set-up 5-6 reliable Para mags?

Thanks.

Jeff

post-25366-0-11943300-1429041142_thumb.j