Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147 Gr Profile

SISIG

What do you guys prefered 147 gr Round Nose or Flat Point Feeding and Accuracy. Right now i have been shooting 135r RN Ibejiheads and would like your opinion with the 147Gr is worth exploring?

These have been AWESOME since I switched from Bayou 135's. Call Donnie and tell him Gump sent you and he'll get you a sample pack. His 180g and 124g without grooves have been a pleasure to load and I think he's coming out with grooveless 147's sometime soon. Loading with 3.0-3.1 grains Titegroup at 1.125 OAL makes minor out my Stock II.

http://www.bayoubullets.net/9mm-147-gr-fp-100-ct/

post-47835-142832210911_thumb.jpg

I guess with the FP the OAL will be key for feeding.

I've loaded a few thousand of these and they don't seem to be that picky on OAL to feed. I settled on 1.140 across the board for my STI, Glock, and anything else I want to shoot them out of.

I've been running the same profile Gump pointed out. If I could get a 147 in RN locally, Id probably switch to that but as it sits now theres no need to.

1.125 is about the longest I'll load my 9mm for my Stock II's. I could load a little longer in my G34 but they wouldn't feed in my Tanfo. That being said I used same load to sight in my new Stock III and had feeding issues the whole time the first 100 or so rounds but hoping that it just needed some breaking in and I had too light a recoil spring in it as the last 5 or so mags ran flawlessly. Also need to polish feed ramp but if have feed issues in III next time I'm gonna shorten OAL just a tad as maybe the Stock II can take them a little longer than the III can.

What recoil do have in it?

I tried a dry run with a 9lb Wolff and it felt close to stock but the 8lb wolff felt extremely light.

I'm not really sure, lol. I know that's bad but I was doing trigger job and just forgot but 95% sure was 8#. I took the recoil spring out my Stock II just to see and it still had feeding issues. Guess the puzzling thing was that after that I just put the spring I had in it back in and then ran about 60 rounds thru it perfectly. That's why part me thinks just needed little break in but I'll know exactly the next time I go as I'll have the right springs and gonna load few 9mm shorter

Now I've also shot 135's with great success as well outta my Stock II from Bayou and they are great too. Donnie will send you a sample pack. I may have some extras laying around too if you wanted to just load up a couple dozen to try.