Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Carver mount REALLY the best mount

Chris Keen

Just curious to hear what some of you have to say about the Carvers.

I'm about to order a C-More "Slide-Ride" for my GLOCK, and I'm not sure which type of frame mount to go with .....

I've used a J-Point forever, so I am used to the direct-slide mounting style, since I see Lone-Wolf Dristributors has a C-MORE/GLOCK dove-tail bracket for only $30, but I was hoping to move up to a frame-mount for clarity, and focus, you know ...... "Be the DOT!" (After shooting a direct-mounted JPoint for years this will be like all new to me!)

And while the Carver looks like "Fort Knox" when it comes to rugedness, I fear the months and months of tinkering with it to get it to eject 100% :angry:

So what really IS the best way to mount a C-More on a GLOCK? :unsure:

Thanks,

Chris

OK, I've got that much figured out, but HOW much higher? 1/8" ... 1/2" ???

Also how high does the comp model sight to begin with, in other words, what is the distance from the center-line of the bore, to the center=line of the C-More lens assembly?

I know the hunter model allows you to dissassemble the gun for cleaning, without removing your iron sights, which sounds cool, but will this hurt me more down the road.

I have heard many people say "that the lower your dot sits ..... the better" or the closer your dot is to the boreline the better you will shoot. Now while I agree that this is true ......... to what extent is it true. The Carver mount looks like it already makes the C-more sit pretty high to begin with, so will an extra 1/4" or 3/8" make much difference.

Or do I even need to worry about keeping the iron sights on at all? I like the idea of iron sights as a back-up to the dot, so if the battery goes out or the dot fails, I am still in business. But with the C-More on there (on a Carver mount I assume) will I even be able to SEE a sight-picture with my sights? Or will the C-more and mount be in the way? If thats the case, I might as well just throw my "irons" away, right? Then I could go as low as I want, huh? :rolleyes:

the hunter model in comparison is WAY higher, you will notice (i had both to compare) the competition mount will require you to lower the ejection port 1/10 of an inch i had mine done by a gunsmith, cost 40 bucks and had it back in 3 days and it works great. also for the 9mm use a 40 ejector or an extended ejector, so get the competition model, why would you need iron sights on an open gun anyway? no one else does it. you can see on my gun how low the competition model actually sits off the slide (around 1/8") *note i modified mine so the cmore sits further back on the slide i had new mounting holes drilled and tapped on the sled piece with the blast shield.

I have no desire to lower the ejection port that much on a Glock slide...and then shoot Major USPSA loads thru it.

That is just me. It doesn't feel right.

And, I am just not sure that the regular (lower) Carver will run unless you do. (I have one, that I have done a very limited amount of testing with...so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)