Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore, Fixed Time Classifier, and NPMs

High Lord Gomer

We shot 09-01 yesterday. I added the classifier stage and it correctly set it up as Fixed Time with 6 required hits per target. Almost everyone had some No Penalty Mikes but it wouldn't let us enter any NPMs and would not let us Review the score until the all 18 "hits" we recorded. We ended up backing out and saving what we had without going through the Review step.

Today I finally figured out that if I edited the stage and went into the screen to Edit the targets I didn't have to change anything but it correctly changed the stage so that I could now enter NPMs.

Noticed the same thing when I tried to score and your workaround worked for me as well.

Wonder if other fixed time classifier stages have the same issue?

Well a quick look at three other fixed time stages showed the same issue.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Oops, you're right. We shot 09-09 but the same should hold true for that one. If you add the classifier without editing the paper targets, it won't let you score correctly. (Android v1.2.26)

Originally I had planned to shoot both 09-01 and 09-09 using the same setup but shooting a classifier with three strings is a huge bottleneck and a real bummer for those who can't reload in time or get their shots off quickly enough.

I am playing with the same version. It seems that if you add any fixed time stage w/o going to the edit screen, you can not add NPMs during Enter Scores. If you just call up the stage edit screen and do nothing but save the stage, all is well. I tried 3 stages. I am guessing they will all do it...

If you try to enter any fixed time stage on an iOS device, you can not edit the string field. You have to set the stage as Comstock or Virginia, edit the String field, then change it back to Fixed Time

Edited by jdphotoguy

If you try to enter any fixed time stage on an iOS device, you can not edit the string field. You have to set the stage as Comstock or Virginia, edit the String field, then change it back to Fixed Time

Why do you care about strings in a fixed time stage?

I am playing with the same version. It seems that if you add any fixed time stage w/o going to the edit screen, you can not add NPMs during Enter Scores. If you just call up the stage edit screen and do nothing but save the stage, all is well. I tried 3 stages. I am guessing they will all do it...

I was not been able reproduce that in Android app. Tried adding as classifier and manually created fixed time stage (6 hits per target). Probably missing something.

Guys, please email to support@practiscore.com with detailed steps to reproduce or submit a bug report at https://practiscore.com/bugs/

we had this happen this week end, first shooter couldnt add the NPM's I went in to the stage a and went to the edit targets page backed out and it worked fine after that.I believe the match was set up on a I pad and we scored on Nooks, went to the edit targets on the stage nook

Edited by bikerburgess

I believe you and still can't reproduce here (created match, added a classifier stage, went to score it and I do see npm column enabled). That means I likely don't have the whole story, eg. how match and stage was created and transferred to the scoring device. So, please email us the steps how to reproduce it. You can start a new small test match and record all the steps from there. That will save us all time...

It works on my phone,

I will have to try it again on the nooks but I believe they were updated last night from older versions of practiscore so the issue may not be repeatable.

I'm running the latest version for Android and when I tried it on my Nexus 7 it did not work until I went in and edited the stage