Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, so now I'm (*&#*&^#$ off. Going to have to desig

I contacted Dillon about the 9mm/.380 brass jamming/spillage, and they sent me a "funnel" that they said would fix the issue. So yeah, they're aware of this problem.

First 3 minutes of operation, here's your funnel. 100% VIBRATION FREE mounting.

attachicon.gifIMG_0856.JPG

It looks like you just dropped the funnel in. Is that correct? I have something similar sitting on my bench that Dillon sent me but as I recall, I thought that whole assembly has to be removed and the piece installed inside??

Edited by blueeyedme

That is not what that funnel is for. That funnel sits inside of the AT500 powder die so that you can drop powder through it. I don't know why they would have sent it to you for the case feeder.

I knew I recognized that funnel from the first post as I have that set-up for load development.

16626_m.jpgMvc-003f.jpg

That is not what that funnel is for. That funnel sits inside of the AT500 powder die so that you can drop powder through it. I don't know why they would have sent it to you for the case feeder.

I dont either, but the tech guy on the phone said it would cure the issue, and it hasn't.

I just sent out an RFQ to a local water jet company to cut some plates for me. 3/8" thick 6061, 11.750" diameter with a 1.500" through hole and 4 satellite holes around the through hole.

If the price is reasonable, I'll be making my own collator to use the Dillon plates. Tired of screwing with this. When my equipment runs better than the collator feeding it, that's just wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I really don't care.

I've already got a drawing made up and a quote on the bottom of the collator. Local water jet shop is only going to charge me $21.60/ea for 3 collator plate bases if I supply materials. I'll have them made from 3/8 6061 aluminum. I'll make the bowl from 1/16" sheet metal and TIG weld it to the base. The base plates will be drilled for a Dayton 12V DC motor at 9 RPM that I will control with a PWM. Even if I can't run it any faster, it'll still have near double the torque of the POS 4RPM Dayton motor Dillon uses.

From there, it's only a matter of welding a square tube spud to the bowl base, and making the drop tube/switch mount. Unlike Dillon, I'll make the drop tube on the collator a few thousandths smaller than the actual clear poly tube so that cases won't get stuck on the ledge at the transition.

Will still use the Hornady/Dillon collator plates.