Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches. Are they universal?

Robert King

Generally the "universal" mag pouches break down into "universal" and "glock". So for example my universal ones can be adjusted to fit M&P, CZ, Beretta, or Sig, but NOT Glock.

I have found that the Black Scorpion carriers can be adjusted to fit either. I bought them to try out (readily available through Amazon w/2 day shipping) before I start buying into Safariland gear. Interesting thing about the BS stuff is that the spacers between the front and back plates can be swapped out to accommodate single stack mags as well.

The only universal pouch is the Ghost 360. They have leaf springs to fit any double stack mag from my Glocks to STI to CZ. The only downside is they are not IDPA legal, which doesn't concern me anymore.

There may be an issue with glocks mags if the pouches were specifically made for M&P mags. The glock mags are slightly larger and may not fit. I use plenty of glock mag carriers for M&P mags (I can crank em down a little), but I have never tried the opposite. The nice thing about slip fit kydex or plastic mag carriers is they can be heated and stretched a little. I have put M&P 45 mags in G17 mag pouches with just a little bit of help from a heat gun. (G17 mags are now loose in tne pouch)