Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey guys, looking for help!

hey guys, I'm getting ready for my first 3 gun match and need some help on shotshell caddies. Currently I'll be borrowing a shell bag from a buddy, but if anyone has any used stuff for sale reasonable that they don't want anymore let me know please. Any advice and pointers would also be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance everyone

For your first match I'd say just roll the shell bag, have fun and observe the other systems being used. If you let some people know your new and wondering what direction to go for your shotgun loading system you'll find a lot of people will be happy to let you check out their gear. If you do end up going to the Winnequah matches I may have a couple CCW 6 shell caddies somewhere in the bottom of my bag. Assuming someone else hasn't already "borrowed" them long term I'd be happy to lend them out for the day.

Ammo? All of it. Or at least 200 rounds per gun is my favorite minimum. That way the glass seems half full when I bring 100-150 rounds per gun home with me. But there should be some expected round counts posted somewhere online soon. Maybe Facebook? I don't know as I stay away from the big FB.

Edited by TonytheTiger

Last I heard 100 yards was the average max rifle distance, but I also heard some rumors of new bays being put in there so that could change. Can't say I know about slugs or buck though, I usually bring 25 of each unless I know there will be a lot or none of them used. I have yet to use buck in a match though, and I hope it stays that way.

Edited by TonytheTiger

Hi Jordan,

I recommend using the Invictus Practical 2.8 Eight Plates. http://www.invictuspractical.com/8ight-plates.html They're made of metal, not plastic. This is one of the features that sets IP apart from all the other brands. The other shell caddy competitors use plastic that breaks and does not hold the shells as well. You can either quad load or load two. This is a great, easy to learn method for beginners or season vets. If you want some solid shell caddies that will last forever and will not let you down, then I would check out Invictus Practical. They make some great stuff.

Hope this helps,

Chris