Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

varmint AR-15

cardboardkiller

Just a curious question, Does the Jp come with an accuracy guarantee? I know the Les baer Rifles come with a .5 moa. I Read what you said about wanting a Ar, and I totally understand, they are great, if the wind is calm, and the dogs, are thick, and close. I have been hunting them for going on 15 years now, and I seldom even use mine anymore. Where I hunt the wind is almost always a factor. I Usually use my Rem 700 in 6mm Remington loaded with a 87 grain v max. The bullet resists the wind, and the Carnage, and Audible Impact, is something to behold. I would advise anyone who has always wanted to dog hunt, to do it soon. The changes I have seen since I started are unreal. There are now Crazy reservation liscense fees, guide requirements, and alot of land that is now off limits, unless you pay. I have a feeling in a few years, it will be just a Rich mans sport, like most big game hunting. Good luck, with the hunt, and the new rifle.

I usualy have a .243 and a 22-250 along, but I spend most of my time behind an AR. I really don't see that the larger calibers buck the wind that much better, and I like the AR, with a JP tank brake best because I don't lose my sight picture.

I know nothing about varmint shooting , but I know how great JPs rifles are - I am now the proud owner of a JP CTR02 simply because John is such a kind and generous person - great guns, great company and really nice people - why shop anywhere else ??

( apart maybe from Mr Hill ;) )

Edited by mike.45