Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 & 38sc jamming

Ok I've loaded 9mm and 38super with no problem at all. I picked up brand new brass in 38super comp and a .223 shell plate. About every 7-8 rounds after the crimp die the bullets get stuck on the wire that drops them out off the press and into the bucket. Now I don't see anything wrong and happening only with Super comp.

Can the wire be adjusted or could it be something else?

Its the shell plate. The slot is cut too thin and won't release the round. I had the same problem with the 38 shell plate.

Dillon sent me a new one, but the same problem, so I purchased a shell plate from GS Custom on eBay. The same guy that does the swager. The new plate is much stronger and have not had a sticky round again.

They are very high quality.

Its the shell plate. The slot is cut too thin and won't release the round. I had the same problem with the 38 shell plate.

Dillon sent me a new one, but the same problem, so I purchased a shell plate from GS Custom on eBay. The same guy that does the swager. The new plate is much stronger and have not had a sticky round again.

They are very high quality.

Thanks I'll look into them

Had the same problem using precision delta 9mm. Bulges around bullet on CBC and Aguilla brass, then I switched to xtreme bullets. They run perfect in CBC, and Aguilla. My rounds now look like factory made.

I had the same problem with this brass and using Zero's 147. Also there were a few other brass head stamps that also did not work such as S&B and Ammoland. I like Zero's so the other brass is in the scrap bin.