Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Shooters Grip experience?

Sporky

I need a better grip for my new edge.... So it is between waiting a million years for the Phoenix trinity or getting an Extreme Shooters small textured grip. I was just looking to get some feedback on how people are liking the Extreme grips, and if there is anything that I should watch out for. I have pretty small hands and I am hoping that with a smaller grip I can reach the trigger in a more optimal position. I would really rather have a Phoenix grip in red if it was a perfect world, but I will take what I can get...

Thanks in advance for the feedback

For less that $25 and some of your time you can do the same thing to your existing grip. I have never stippled before. Took the grips of off two new Cameron's 2011's. Sanded the stock STI grip smooth and went to work. All in it took about 4 hours to do both grips start to finish. They came out great.

I just recently purchased a Dawson Precision Edge CRP and had them install an Extreme Shooters grip. Like you I also have small hands and having fired the gun this past weekend I believe it is a good grip choice. Now, I have 3 other 2011's that I have had Jim Shanahan with Advanced Performance Shooting do grip reductions on stock STI grips that have turned out just as good. You can talk with Jim and send him a tracing of your hand and he does his thing. I have likewise been pleased with Jim's work and will probably send him the grip that came off of the Dawson Edge CRP to do a reduction on. Good luck

For less that $25 and some of your time you can do the same thing to your existing grip. I have never stippled before. Took the grips of off two new Cameron's 2011's. Sanded the stock STI grip smooth and went to work. All in it took about 4 hours to do both grips start to finish. They came out great.

Where does the $25 go?

Also what soldering iron tip do you use? Can you post a pic or link to the tip you use?

I have an extra grip I would like to try on.

I have a double undercut grip :cheers: . Frankly I would have bought the Phoenix grip had there not been a long wait. Honestly I am glad I bought the Extreme grip, mine looks great, feels great, and saved me a bunch of money.

• 3 weeks later...