Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a "race to..." pen pal

Swanny10

So the various "race to A class" or B class or whatever threads got me thinking. Since I plan to delve into the shooting world more this year and I don't have any close friends who are serious about getting better I thought maybe a member on here (or multiple members) who are in my situation might want to "compete" with me over the next year to see who could progress the farthest. My thinkin is that if I know someone out there is training specifically to beat ME I will be more likely to get off my ass and train.

Ideally this person will be close to me in experience. Which is to say that last year I shot a half dozen unsanctioned events. I have never shot a classifier and no official scores. I have G34 in the mail and will be shooting production. The timeframe can be whatever. Maybe the finish line could be December 31 of 2015??

Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone.

Here's what I recommend: after you see your first classifier score decide which "race to" thread is most appropriate for you, then read the names of the other members, you'll recognize one or two names in particular from threads you've been reading, then reach out to them. Or not, who says they need to know you're chasing them!?!