Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Springs

jstagn

Looking at Brownells catalog and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Sprinco Progressive Recoil Springs. The ad claims they last for 50,000 cycles, where everyone else claims change in 3k rounds. I intended to try their 12lb. in my .40 SV 5.4 Sight Tracker. Anyone use these?

Looking at Brownells catalog and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Sprinco Progressive Recoil Springs. The ad claims they last for 50,000 cycles, where everyone else claims change in 3k rounds. I intended to try their 12lb. in my .40 SV 5.4 Sight Tracker. Anyone use these?

Yes I use the Sprinco 12# in my 5.4" Sight Tracker. I still change them around 3K rounds though. Cheap insurance.....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks RangerTrace for your reply. Is anyone with this gun using the Wolf variable 12lb. Is the variable claim just advertising or is it "better" ?

I've used them and didn't really notice a difference. I don't have a spring weight scale, but the Wolf's have always felt heavier/stiffer to me than ISMI and Sprinco. I've been extremely happy with Sprinco.......the little tubes are an added bonus!

From what I have read (internet) ISMI rating on their package seems high so a Wolf may feel heavier for the same ADVERTIZED weight. Except for you, I have not heard much about the Sprincos, it seems like they have been around a very long time but don't seem that popular. I do like the tubes. I may try a 12 wolf variable just as a test. Thanks.....

From what I have read (internet) ISMI rating on their package seems high so a Wolf may feel heavier for the same ADVERTIZED weight. Except for you, I have not heard much about the Sprincos, it seems like they have been around a very long time but don't seem that popular. I do like the tubes. I may try a 12 wolf variable just as a test. Thanks.....

Well, I leaned about them from a GM who used to spend a lot of time on here...Dave Re,, Xre I think was his user name. Either way....they work for me. Probably will work for you too