Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings From Northern VA!

touji

Hi Everyone!

I have recently started shooting seriously (own equipment, actually training, etc.) very recently. Through countless hours of internet research, I've fallen in love with the idea of shooting USPSA and reloading. Naturally, with those interests, I've been led to this wonderful place!

Currently shooting a RIA 1911 and looking to start shooting some iteration of Single Stack by the end of 2015. Hope to mingle and learn from all the good people here :D

Welcome Touji. I'm in Sterling. Been shooting USPSA for 4 or 5 years now. Very active clubs here in our area. Here's the basic calendar:

Peacemaker National Training Center: 1st Saturday of each month

Fredericksburg Practical Shooters: 1st Sunday of each month

Quantico Practical Shooters: 2nd weekend of each month

North Mountain Practical Shooters (Strasburg area): 3rd weekend of each month

If you're up for driving a little further:

Southern MD Practical Shooters: 2nd Sunday of each month. Great match, great people, worth the drive

There's also a match up in Thurmont MD that I'm told is a good, fun, quick match.

Thanks for all the info already! It's definitely good to know that there are many opportunities for me to jump in and game. You know for sure I'll be spending the next couple of months dry firing, reading rules, and try to maximize my live fire as much as I can to get my skill up to par for the warmer weather!

In regards to some of the clubs, I know places like Quantico are member only ranges. Does this not apply for USPSA comps?

Cheers!

In regards to some of the clubs, I know places like Quantico are member only ranges. Does this not apply for USPSA comps?

Correct. USPSA matches are pretty much open to the public, even at private ranges. There really is no such thing as a club member only USPSA match. Club members may be given preference in signup or a discount off match fees, but non-members cannot be barred from participation.