Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock island single stack

Open1215

Well my wife picked up her 1st 1911 today from the ffl. I had a 22tcm 1911 from rock island from a few years ago when they 1st came out. I liked it and recomended her getting one after i sold my hi cap to fund an open build. I got home from work and was excited to get ahold of it and see how she did. We got it on gun broker for less then 400$ so i really was expecting a rattling, loose, P.O.S. with aweful sights. I was shocked!!!! this gun has NO wiggle. extreamly tight slide to frame fit (as tight as my tanfoglio hunter)and the barrel lock up is great. bushing barrel with full lenth guide rod and some very nice target sights. i would like to get her a fiberoptic front sight at some point but all in all i am VERY impressed! The trigger is nice and crisp and everything a 1911 trigger should be but it was smooth as silk and not at all gritty as i expected.

(side note... She looked at the mag looked at me, looked at the mag and asked, "can we make this a hi cap frame" hehehe so that's next on the agenda. Build her a 2011. ) I really looooove my wife.

Lol yes I am a very lucky man! ;-)

The 1911 she purchased was not a 22tcm. The hi cap tcm I had was great but this was 2 years ago. It was a great and accurate gun in 22tcm and 9mm. It was not as tight as this one is by any stretch of the imagination. I can't wait for a range trip. I loved the tcm set up. Great caliber and really turns heads at the range. I hope at some point armscor will sell the barrels separately but that's annother story...

The modle number she got was RIA 51632 1911 tactical 9mm

Idk what makes it the "tactical" it doesn't have a tac rail but it is a great gun.

Grats to your wife!

I recently purchased a 1911 Tac in .45. What makes them "tactical" is the Novak Style sights and the skelotonized hardware. I recently sent mine to Novak to get sights installed and they did not have to cut / machine for their sights.

I've got about 800 rounds through mine and it's still too tight for me to easily rack my slide :goof:

Ahh that makes sense. The sights are pretty nice. I would like to do a fiberoptic front soon but that's all I can see doing really. I really like this trigger too. I am really excited for her! Im also a bit jealous, but I will have my open gun finished soon (I hope!!)

I bought the rock island tactical a couple years ago. Other than a trip to Nevada for a slide stop issue (which they fixed and had back in 3 weeks all on their dime) it's been fantastic. Has the adjustable rear, fiber optic front and magwell. It's tight, accurate and has a great trigger. Comparing it to a Trp and a trophy match other than cosmetics I don't see where it loses anything, especially at the price point. The trigger is better than the two springfieldd (I still have the ILS system in them though)

Probably the best value out there

Red

I bought a Citadel 9mm and am very happy with the fit. It's very tight and smooth. I bought it for a cheap project (I told me wife it was for her to shoot Steel Challenge with). I would buy another one, I have recommended them to a few buddies as well.