Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Precision Rifle Match

JFlowers

Yes, I plan to shoot the entire DMM series. If we can connect and click, then I won't have to find another partner.

I also want, as schedules allow, to shoot all the other NC matches, including Palmetto 3 Gun's DMM in Tabor.

I would like to run down to Cherokee Gun Club and shoot their match one month.

I understand all about craziness. Working out of town and only being home Fri and Sat mean I have to plan in advance and life still throws craziness in.

Call me whenever you get time.

James, got word back from Woody and they have slots available. The bad news is that I looked at the dates, and I can't make all the DMM dates due to other commitments. So, if you want to shoot them, get signed up for the first one quick, but if you want to shoot them all and be able to go to the prize table, I wouldn't be the best partner.

Steve,

I had a slot at Woody's but after our conversation today I am going to let it go for the 1st Match. Hopefully we can plan better for the second and third.

Here is the information that I mentioned about the new K&M Match

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Dog Steel will be hosting a Huge Precision Rifle Based Team Match at the KM Shooting Center in Baker, FL. We are excited to get back down to Florida do some shooting, hang out with friends and host another match!

BDS is Proud to be teaming with Mark Gordon the owner of Short Action Customs. Due to our locations, both of us stuck in the deep freeze of Ohio, and in the spirit of the match SAC has jumped on board to be the title sponsor. SAC produces some fantastic rifles. I can't wait to show you what Mark will be putting on the table for you guys. Please visit their site and check out some of his work... shortactioncustoms.com

The match dates will be July 18-19. We will have an open range and demo day the Friday preceding the match on July 17th.

This match will test each team on marksmanship fundamentals, communication, problem solving, and most of all TEAMWORK.

Expect a fun match with minimal time between stages. Our perfect scenario would be to keep you moving, but allow you enough time to mingle and enjoy the match.

We are in the preliminary stages of planning, but I would expect round count to be right around 200 rounds of rifle and 75-100 rounds of pistol per shooter. Yes, there will be pistol! Pistol targets will, for the most part, be very doable so don't freak out. You will be required to have a holster with one form of retention as we will be moving with pistols on a few stages.

We are anticipating opening registration towards the end of March. More details to follow!

• 3 weeks later...

Details Added 03/02

Registration will open @ 3pm EST on March 22nd. Registration will be done on our website. www.bigdogsteel.com

Match Fees will be $225 per Team Member.

We will have an open range day on Friday July 17th. You will be given the opportunity to shoot movers as well as from most of the obstacles that you will see during the match. Actual targets and distances will be changed for the match. However, this will be a great opportunity for you to get prepared for the match and figure out how to approach obstacles as a team prior to the actual event. RO's and other members will be present, if you need help with something please feel free to ask. Open range day fee will be $25 per team member.

There will be a zero range open for you at no charge.

Check in will be Friday from 10am-6pm. If you cannot make this check-in PLEASE contact us on Thursday 07/16 via email.

Range will be open from 10am-4pm.

Match briefing will be @ 7:30am, Saturday 07/18, match will start no later than 8am. Plan to arrive at the facility @ 7am.

cruciblerev2.jpg