Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Colt still the only 308 AR that can take ar15 uppers?

KSwift

As the title says, is the colt 901 still the only ar10/308ar that has the setup to handle ar15 uppers or has anyone else jumped into that game?

Does anyone make ar10 length 223 uppers to drop straight onto the bigger lowers?

Saw some prototype vids, but looking for something on the shelf ready to go.

Talk about a solution looking for a problem - I would be very surprised if anyone else was so dumb as to follow Colt in this dubious endeavor. In countries with strict gun purchase and ownership limits, maybe. In 'murica, just buy/build a second rifle and call it good.

Not that I have a plan to buy one, but some of us (unfortunately) live in states where AR-15 "assault rifles" are evil and regulated/banned but AR-10 BATTLE RIFLES are cash'n'carry sporting implements. Right now, that lower would be a darned good way for somebody who doesn't have a grandfathered pre-2013 AR-15 in Maryland to get into the 5.56mm AR game.

That outcome reminds me of how so many handgun owners went "up caliber" during magazine capacity restrictions years ago. My intuition is that collectively we all got slightly more lethal in our handguns. Anyway, I dare say that all legislation has some degree of unintended consequences. I'll have to do research if I'm forced to move to MD. I might have to move "up caliber" on my rifles.