Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my first short barrel 1911

Bjay

I was at LGS yesterday and handled OFFICER size 1911 and love the balance of the 3.5" barrel over 3".. And decided to shop online..i found these 2 officer size both 3.5" barrel.one is custom and one is factory custom..prize is not much diff from each other..purpose? CCW. i found review on dan wesson eco but vayser i cant.your thought or experience is apreciated..nothing agains cheaper 1911..i just like the looks and settings these two have..

Ty

post-24197-0-82036600-1421617845_thumb.j

post-24197-0-34267000-1421617869_thumb.j

Edited by Bjay

The finish on the DW is a proprietary ceramic (or something along those lines) and it is amazing. Holds up much better than anodized, cerakote, or duracoat. The DW's grips and checkering would be my preference for ccw compared to the other picture.

Edited by IronicTwitch

The finish on the DW is a proprietary ceramic (or something along those lines) and it is amazing. Holds up much better than anodized, cerakote, or duracoat. The DW's grips and checkering would be my preference for ccw compared to the other picture.

Yup ive heard the finish on DW is teflon black way better than blued or ceracoat..maybe i added the other option just to be a litle diff..both match barrel im sure they both will do their purpose..1400 for dw 1750 starting price on vayser..tell me mate with those extra added option on vayser is it worthed to jump on it..flat dw has tri top vayser flat top lighten slides..

My opinion in the officer size you don't want to lighten the slide any more for 45 ACP. They'd have to run heavy springs to offset the weight. The physics just don't make sense, but maybe the looks are a little more your style? I like the classic top myself.