Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO Class at Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports Ohio

crucker

We are in the process of putting on a class for our range staff. We will have about 25 spots open to anyone that is interested in the class. We are looking at Feb28-Mar1. This date has not been confirmed yet but should be soon. Cost will be 50.00 and will included class, donuts and coffee both days and lunch on saturday. Email me at newera183@gmail.com if you would like to be in the class or have questions.

Chuck Rucker

Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports

Edited by crucker

• 2 weeks later...

Must be zero traffic in this forum.

:surprise: There is a ton of traffic in this forum. Just none in this thread! Funny thing about RO classes. When you ask who thinks you should host one 100 people will throw their hands up. But when you schedule it and start wanting money it seems the enthusiasm fall off. My class is next weekend and it took everything I could muster to get the minimum of 20 needed to pay USPSA for the course. This, after at least 50+ people emailed me and said they were definitely coming and to save them a spot. I went from worrying about having an alternate list to worrying about getting enough signed up!

How many do you have signed up? Get with the Section Coordinator and have him get with the AD. Get them to have MD's in the area send out emails to all of their competitors. Put it on Face Book, etc.

I have guys coming from other states so don't plan on just getting all local guys to fill up the class.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help with any pointers as, like I said, I am hosting my second class next weekend.

John Booth posed a very good question. When do you plan to hold your matches? If you have shooters like John interested in your matches that is a very good thing. He and his shooting buddy are very good people! :cheers:

Kevin

Chuck-

I just need a sign up application and the details for times on each day. I have it on the calender and will be showing up as long as it is still on.

As for match schedule, they have it on their facebook page as well as their website:

http://briarrabbit.com/schedules/

Edited by PKT1106

Must be zero traffic in this forum.

:surprise: There is a ton of traffic in this forum. Just none in this thread! Funny thing about RO classes. When you ask who thinks you should host one 100 people will throw their hands up. But when you schedule it and start wanting money it seems the enthusiasm fall off. My class is next weekend and it took everything I could muster to get the minimum of 20 needed to pay USPSA for the course. This, after at least 50+ people emailed me and said they were definitely coming and to save them a spot. I went from worrying about having an alternate list to worrying about getting enough signed up!

How many do you have signed up? Get with the Section Coordinator and have him get with the AD. Get them to have MD's in the area send out emails to all of their competitors. Put it on Face Book, etc.

We are taking 25 for the class plus our range RO's.

I have guys coming from other states so don't plan on just getting all local guys to fill up the class.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help with any pointers as, like I said, I am hosting my second class next weekend.

Planning on picking your brain this summer. Long time follower of your posts.

John Booth posed a very good question. When do you plan to hold your matches? If you have shooters like John interested in your matches that is a very good thing. He and his shooting buddy are very good people!

Our dates are posted on our website http://www.briarrabbit.com and also on our facebook page. I will be getting them on other sites. We are usually the 2nd weekend of the month. March match is at the end. We are trying to stay away from the ranges close to us so a couple of months it jumps around.

:cheers:

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the hotels I would recommend if you are coming to the class and need one. We have a few spots left. If any one wants in.Looks to be the only class around the area for awhile.

Best Westeren
4929 East Pike
Zanesville, OH. 43701 740-297-4751
Hoilday Inn Express
1101 Spring Street
Zanesville, OH. 43701 740-453-6300
Hampton Inn
1009 Spring Street
Zanesville, OH. 43701 740-453-6511

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Old forum but any chance of having another RO class?

I would be happy to put another class together. It takes about 15-20 people to cover the cost the way we did it. I am planning on a CRO bootcamp class in the spring of 2016. I will start a thread for that when I get it together. If you have people interested in the RO class let me know and I will see what is available.