Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting back the crown on Marvel 22

EricW

I'm thinking about selling my Glock 22 conversion and getting a Marvel conversion for my STI. Is it possible to bore out the end of the barrel and set back the crown maybe 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch so that it's compatible with the muzzle platform on my 012? Is there even a prayer of maintaining the accuracy of the unit? I'm not so sure it wouldn't be easier to leave the barrel alone and buy a CR Speed, but I figure I'd ask...

All you need to do is modify the platform to fit the conversion. I did this when I first started. Just make sure you leave enough for the real gun

http://uploads.fakeleg.com/perm/IMG_0324.JPG

http://uploads.fakeleg.com/perm/IMG_0325.JPG

BTW I should have my Marvel this week. Can't wait, I haven't shot since 99 and need lotz of practice.

Flyin40

Last time my FFL called, they had units but no mags. If you have mags call them direct. If Midway has them buy one from them if it is in stock. For Crissakes dont buy mags from Midway, they are Metalform mags...not worth the money Midway wants :huh: .....I had one on order for 4 months, then bought one from Midway, had it in 3 days......Called Marvel and cancelled order. No big thang.....BTW the kit is worth the wait :wub: IMHO!

Eric,

I have a marvel conversion unit and love it. I do not like the barrel sticking out the way it does though. From what I'm told they are coming out with a long slide and I am on their list to get one. If you can hold off for a while you could probably get one with the long slide and not have to worry about your problem. Call Marvel and ask.

Bob