Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Base Pads

MikeyG23

I have a half dozen each of Dawson and Grams pads, happy with both. I use Grams pads & guts in my 38 Super SV mags and Dawson pads & followers in my 40 STIs. Both pads are great and have given me no problems whatsoever.

I also have mags tuned by both and when it comes to tuning mags Grams beats Dawson hands down.

I started this thread earlier this year and had pretty much forgotten about it until I got a posting notification.

I went Dawson on both my 140's for USPSA and also set-up some 126's with Dawson's wedge pads for IDPA. Love 'em both !! The pads for the 140's installed with no sweat and are great for stages where you are dropping mags in the dust and dirt. The wedge pads were a little more challenging in that they had interference issues with the SV magwell on my STI which prevented the mags from locking up properly. About 5 minutes worth of grinding and polishing and that problem went away along with the nice blue anodized color on the angled flats that were interfering. I bought a 9mm Eagle to shoot IDPA with and decided to use the same set-up, SV magwell and Dawson wedge pads and went with the plain, aluminum pads so that when I fitted them they wouldn't have bare areas visible on them (call me anal). Well, to my surprise, all 6 of the 9mm mags locked up with no fitting required.... :huh:

Dawson is great to deal with and makes a great product. I recommend them highly.

• 1 month later...

dawson, they dont break

ive broke 3 grams pads.

they say grams will give new ones if you send him the old ones...good deal.

ive yet to send em back yet....he will probably get them when i mail my big stick in to get it set up for 9mm...

im shooting open, but dont like anything longer than 140 to reload with..if i need more than 21 rounds, i grab the big stick...i dont use the big stick much.