Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Blue Label MOS Glocks.

JBP55

This is going to save a lot of money, I wonder if LEO's will be allowed to carry with optic...

Seems like a bad idea to me. Murphy's law is that when the LEO finally needs to actually use their sidearm, the optic will fail/battery be dead, etc. A good set of steel night sights is far more dependable. Or do these new MOS Glocks have the optic recess deep enough for BUIS?

Tell that to the military that runs optics on almost all their rifles and machine guns. I've never had an optic fail/battery be dead (as long as you actually check them). I'm sure an LEO would also have iron sights to use for a back up just in case as well.

I am not disagreeing with your statement on rifle optics, but optics for handguns are one or two generations behind. Especially the slide mounted red dots.

And that would be the point of having backup iron sights as well. Even if the red dot works 50% of the time, that's still an advantage 50% of the time.

I'm not sure I can agree with that one. There is certainly a drawback to having to go to any "plan B". Definitely some time penalty, and some pyschological hit as well.

I think we are seeing way more than 50% reliability too in current use.

The LEO community would have to have an optic that could be kept on 24/7 with a battery life measured in months.

I'm not sure I can agree with that one. There is certainly a drawback to having to go to any "plan B". Definitely some time penalty, and some pyschological hit as well.

I think we are seeing way more than 50% reliability too in current use.

The LEO community would have to have an optic that could be kept on 24/7 with a battery life measured in months.

Well lets see. My current Trijicon RM-02 equipped G17 is now 14 months old. The RM-02 is always on (it has no on/off switch and should not). The projected battery life is 24 months. Even if that is an exaggeration the 14 months experience I have is pretty darn good. So if police had a program for replacement of the cheap battery every 12 months they would fine.

My gun has backup suppressor sights which work very well in a pinch. Cost? I paid $150 for the slide milling and a total cost of $1000 for the milling, the RM-02, the suppressor sights, and a brand new Glock OEM slide (which you cannot buy separately from Glock). With Glock doing the milling and providing the slide and sights, the owner is only responsible for the red dot (above the gun cost itself).

There is a lot of negative misinformation on the internet from those who are just guessing about performance. Believe me, these things are the future and they work great.

IDPA made a major, maybe fatal, mistake by not approving an optics division for competition. I have quit shooting IDPA as a result of their being in the control of old folks who refuse to look at technology because they are too lazy to think. This in spite of the fact that anyone wishing to remain in an iron sights class would not even be in competition with red dots. It was strictly a "I don't want it so you won't get it decision"by a bunch of over the hill slackers.

Edited by Brooke