Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Utah

cakedog02

I'm glad to officially be a member of the forum. I grew up hunting, fishing & working a farm, but in the last year or so I've been getting into practical pistol shooting. It's different from how I was raised (bolt guns & six shooters), but I am really enjoying shooting my M&P pro, Glock 34 and CZ 75 sp01 accu shadow. I'd like to start shooting USPSA. I need to look into the local SL chapter and attend a match.

Welcome to the forums, I am looking forward to getting an accu shadow. It will be my 1st CZ, and probably not the last. Have you added anything to the accu shadow? Or is it good to go without anything else. Thanks

Welcome to the forums, I am looking forward to getting an accu shadow. It will be my 1st CZ, and probably not the last. Have you added anything to the accu shadow? Or is it good to go without anything else. Thanks

It's good to go. I did replace the thin al grips with a pair of stippled lava grips from copper gun grips though. Also, when my gun arrived, the FO front sight was really beat up so I replaced it with a Dawson FO. I emailed CZC awhile ago to see if they would make it right since the gun was brand new straight from their factory. Still no word on what they will do.

Somebody at CZC seriously scratched, gouged & even bent the sight with a hammer & file. Honestly, I can't believe they shipped the gun out like that. When I opened the box,, I immediately saw the damaged sight before I even picked the gun up for the first time. That's how bad the damage was. My FFL even commented on it.

This is my first & only CZ from CZC so I hope that's not the norm for their quality control. I sure hope they stand behind their work & make it right. Besides that the gun is flawless.

The above link is the best place for USPSA shooting. However there is another club known as the Utah Defensive Pistol League http://udpl.net/that shoots IDPA and ICORE, along with 3-gun.

You can shoot a USPSA or IDPA match pretty much every weekend. I do a USPSA match the first and third Saturday, along with a IDPA or ICORE match on the 4th Saturday.

WJM