Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new toy for me need info please

mickd1

hi all

please don't shot me down guys….can some one please give me any information regarding a new gun that i will have in my little sticky hands soon :goof: in the advert it says its a LTD custom in 38super,atm its set up for open with a C more,(does it come like this) but the owner doesn't know how old the gun is,he is the second owner and he says its nice to shoot etc (having to buy unseen) the serial number starts with a 'N' but i can't find any information with it starting with a 'N'

also is the name LTD custom a name for most tanfoglio's sorry guys but i am very new to this make of gun

regards mick

mickd1:

It could be from the mid to later 2000 years.

A Limited that someone put in a drop-in barrel/comp slideracker and c-more, to set-up for open class,

If you can get it for a good price, It's a decent way to get started in the open division without spending too much.

Good looking gun.

Best of luck.

Id be a little wary of this one.

Guys, remember mick is in australia.

in australia our limited (well stadard div) model is called limited custom. It's basically the same as your limited but it has slide cuts on the top (like the gold teams have).

what you have there is a bit of a mix and match.

if it was really a limited custom it should have at least the lightened slide (it doesn't).

someone has added the barrel with the V8 compensator but it doesn't have the barrel ports to go with it.

also, that cmore mount is probably the worst of the bunch (not a big expense to change, but it's still $100 or more). it's using a weaver mount to mount a cmore which can mount to the normal flat tanfoglio cmore mount. this makes the scope very high above the bore which means you'll have a big hold over on some targets.

I would suggest you call NVT which is the aus importer. if you give Greg there the serial number he'll be able to tell you when it was made and what it started life as.

This is what the regular 'limited custom' looks like. notice the lightened slide: http://www.tanfoglio.com.au/p/202/tanfoglio-limited-custom-hard-chrome.html?osCsid=8a98ba7a5dcf48617bdfc9bd6e29bb97

This is what the proper tanfoglio open gun looks like (called eric gold custom, or gold team) http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/catalogo/sport-amp-competition/gold-custom-eric-2010.html

This is the aus market one: http://www.nvt.com.au/c/613_615/gold-custom-eric.html

notice the lightened slide, the barrel ports, the updated cmore mount (much lower etc).

There's no reason the gun you posted wont be a nice gun. just try and find out exactly what you are getting. it should be a relatively cheap buy. it shouldn't be much more than a used limited custom (in fact about the same. it has the plus of the cmore and compensator but it's missed the lightened slide).

here are the contact details you need. it's unlikely the US agent will be able to help, try Greg at NVT: http://www.tanfoglio.com.au/contact_us.php

Edited by BeerBaron

BeerBaron :

Are you guys able to buy just a drop-in barrel/comp set-up for a Limited gun, to be able to shoot it in open division ?

The compensator on mickd1's gun looks like what is sold on Eric Grauffel's web site, but I didn't know if you could buy a barrel over there that was threaded for the that cone/comp and then It's just ready to install into a Limited Custom platform.

Edited by gennaro

yep you can buy a barrel with comp already installed over here, which is the 3 chamber comp on a non-ported barrel. there are a few limiteds kicking around with that barrel/comp combo on it. apparently it shoots just fine, but for me I'd think without the barrel ports I'd rather a bigger comp. I'm not sure if you can buy the barrel here just threaded and without the comp, but you can buy them together. Can buy the V8 ported one too.

I think you are right in that it's probably a 2000's model back when they didn't have the lightened slide. back then apparently you could also get that style slide racker from tanfoglio to just bolt on.

The cmore mount is a bit of an abomination. they've used a weaver mount on the right side (i'm guessing so racker could go on the left and stay there for stripping/cleaning) but then added an adapter to turn it into a flat surface for a regular cmore slide ride. it's probably the highest mount I've seen.

BeerBaron :

I wish we had those options here.

I agree with you also on having a few barrel ports to help out with the smaller compensators.

And your right the cmore mount would be the first thing that would have to be replaced.

BeerBaron :

I wish we had those options here.

I agree with you also on having a few barrel ports to help out with the smaller compensators.

And your right the cmore mount would be the first thing that would have to be replaced.

It's weird. Since we are basically limited to hungun ownership for 'sporting use' we have really good support for tanfoglio and CZ pistols and parts. example we've had stock 3 extreme's in 9mm for more than 6 months now. but you guys in the US have much more variety of US made stuff and much more variety in long arms. For us since everything is imported (whether it's US or EU) we have good representation or european stuff here. Like we have had sphinx IPSC type models here for a little while too.

We do pay for it though. a brand new stock II is about $1800 USD. a stock 3 extreme is about $1500 USD.

They one thing you guys have in spades that we don't is a massive gunsmith industry. You have so many options for custom guns, coating jobs, etc that for us is limited to a small handful of guys at best.

BeerBaron:

It is weird because the planet knows the U.S. is a gun country. Handguns or long guns, big or small we shoot them all.

You said you do have to pay a lot for the Tanfo's over there, I think some people here would pay a little more too if they were available. When a Stock II or III shows up for sale here, they can sometimes go for more than twice the original price. I gotta believe that would send a message all the way back to Italy telling them that their high end guns are in demand in the U.S.

Skuttlebutt says they are coming, so we'll just have to wait and see. It would be nice if Tanfoglio offered the kinds of options here that other countries get to enjoy. You lucky Aussie. Oh well.

Anyway I appreciate the response and I'm happy to read your V12 is running great for you.

Best of luck.

Edited by gennaro

I gotta believe that would send a message all the way back to Italy telling them that their high end guns are in demand in the U.S.

Skuttlebutt says they are coming, so we'll just have to wait and see. It would be nice if Tanfoglio offered the kinds of options here that other countries get to enjoy.

That probably has more to do with the main US importer being somewhat ignorant of market demands.

Edited by m03