Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BCM CHF Barrel vs. PSA CHF Barrel

apetrulis01

I am looking at getting a CHF upper for Duty use. I am looking at BCM and Palmetto State Armory. PSA using FN CHF barrels. So the question is: Is it worth paying a $100 more for a BCM CHF upper or just stick with the PSA CHF upper. I am leaning towards the PSA because FN makes great barrels.

Thanks,

Adam

I think either one would serve you well. I don't have any experience with PSA's uppers, but they seem to get pretty positive reviews from the folks that have them. I recently ordered a complete lower from them with Magpu STR stock for $190 so I was happy with the price and received it in a couple weeks which is pretty good considering the only negative I've read about PSA is they can be pretty slow getting stuff out.

I bought a BCM BHF 16" Mid-length Upper with Centurian C4 9" handguard at the beginning of summer and I'm very happy with it. Very accurate and has run great. I recently bought another upper from them that is a BHF 16" Mid-length Light Weight Upper with their 13" KMR handguard, but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. It is very light and feels great in my hands so I'm looking forward to getting out with it. Mine came with the free BCG and Mod-0 comp promo they were running and which they still are running if that is of any interest to you. Bought mine on Black Friday in which the promo that day included your choice of charging handle for a dollar in addition to the comp and BCG. I went with the Mod-4 CH. I have their ambi CH on the other upper.

I'm very happy with my experience with BCM so far, but I don't think you can go wrong either one.