Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 makes some noise

Hello everybody!

I have my 650 now since three months and have loaded roundabout 2.500 rounds with it.

Newly there is some noise from the case insert slide (black plastic), when it is in action.

It sounds like a silent grumble and it gets a little louder now.

Oiled everything at the machine with 0-W30, the plastic slide too, but the noise is still there.

What is it and how can I get that fixed?

:cheers:

Check the metal piece where the case moves from the plastic drop tube and rotates about 90 degrees counter clockwise to drop on the load ramp. Took me a while to find the noise you describe. The metal was rubbing as rotating to drop the case. I tried cleaning and checking the spring. Even used a file to smooth out the rough edges. Might be as simple as some grit or power in there causing it to rub.

The rod with the pointy tip that rides on the plastic case feed can also make some noise and wear into the case feeder as well. (the name escapes me)

It seems to me, that the plastics on the machine don´t like oil very much.

I´ve oiled the case inserter and it lost some material on its ramp...

:mellow:

The rod with the pointy tip that rides on the plastic case feed can also make some noise and wear into the case feeder as well. (the name escapes me)

It seems to me, that the plastics on the machine don´t like oil very much.

I´ve oiled the case inserter and it lost some material on its ramp...

:mellow:

Use light grease. I prefer this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-Synthetic-Syncolon-Lubricant/dp/B000XBH9HI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420597165&sr=8-1&keywords=super+lube

It's not petroleum based.