Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Spring question

Vanniek71

My wife got me some Wolff mag springs for Christmas and I was replacing the Mec-Gar factory mag springs with them and noticed the Wolffs have a little loop on the bottom and don't allow the base pad retainer plate to snap in place like the factory springs did. I could take some pliers to it and bend the loop out but didn't want to if it would be a non issue.

Anyone replace their springs with these and know if it would be an issue to leave them as is? Or should I modify the springs so the retainers snap in place?

Just tossing them together at the house it seems to be a non issue, but figured I'd ask the seasoned vets to be sure.

Pic attached, Mec-gar sprint on left, Wolff on right.

post-41978-0-62316600-1419999742_thumb.j

Edited by Vanniek71

If I remember correctly, in the picture, the left hand side of the springs is the front of the magazine (where the bullet heads sit) - at least for my original cz magazines. Is that how you are assembling them, or are they different to the cz type?

(I'm not trying to call you an idiot - please don't be offended)

Edited by CZinZA

I tried them both ways, and the followers only fit on the end opposite that's pictured, this is for sure the end that goes against the retainer plate.

The picture shows the Mec-gar spring next to the Wolff and they are both oriented the same way. The Wolff has that little extra loop on it for some reason

Edited by Vanniek71

Sorry - I know the followers go on the other end. I meant that maybe you had the springs rotated by 180 degrees and perhaps this made a difference. I guess it's hard to explain in words

Edited by CZinZA

I see what you're saying. I tried all different ways to get them to snap on and nothing works. The follower fits how it should, and once I get the basepads on I don't thing they are going anywhere, it's just that the retainers don't snap in to place like they do with the Mec-gar springs. The base pads just kind of sit on top of the springs.

Like I said not a huge deal just wondered if anyone else had run in to that previously.

Edited by Vanniek71