Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI followers moving forward on empty mag

earthshine402

I just bought a set of TTI basepads, springs and followers for my 2011. I was using the Dawson SNL and Grams springs and followers to get 20+1, 20 reloadable.

With the TTI setup, I can start with 21+1, and 20 reloadable. I just tested these mags out at the range today and most of the time, they would not drop free when empty.. then I realized that the follower was sticking up a little further and moving forward.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Do the followers get "broken in"?

I don't think the mags need to be tuned or anything, they run fine, I only have just over 3k rounds through this gun with 4 mags, so they have not been abused all that much yet, only about a match or two a month this year.

I just bought a set of TTI basepads, springs and followers for my 2011. I was using the Dawson SNL and Grams springs and followers to get 20+1, 20 reloadable.

With the TTI setup, I can start with 21+1, and 20 reloadable. I just tested these mags out at the range today and most of the time, they would not drop free when empty.. then I realized that the follower was sticking up a little further and moving forward.

I don't think the mags need to be tuned or anything, they run fine, I only have just over 3k rounds through this gun with 4 mags, so they have not been abused all that much yet, only about a match or two a month this year.

So the front of the follower is overhanging the front lip on the mag? Did you get a picture? Looking to start setting up some mags, so pretty interested in this. Thanks!

Give us a call at the shop @ 805-522-1911 and we'll diagnose it for you. Haven't had any problems with them getting caught up like that, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Mine does the same thing. Tried it in 4 mags. with the same results. I will measure the feed lips and report back

My feed lips were: 2 about .389, and 2 between .380 and .385, can't remember specifics.. I'll run them through a few matches and practice sessions and see how it goes..