Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO compact or other smaller 1911?

steviesterno

hey all,

figure I would check here rather than some of the other forums. wondering if anyone has picked up a Springfield RO compact? I'm looking for a smaller and lighter 1911 to carry, and this on paper seems like it might be a good choice. I like the CCO frame but the next cheapest option seems to be a DW at like 1300.

so does anyone have any experience with them? worth the money or not? any reason to spend 2x the price on a similar dw?

thanks!

for affordability might want to check out

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-1911-C-Model.asp

The triggers in these are great right out of the box. I beleive the frame is steel. Which maybe a little heavy for all day.

Kimber makes their carry's with aluminum frames however, they run around 1200 + normally ( I think )

for affordability might want to check out

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-1911-C-Model.asp

The triggers in these are great right out of the box. I beleive the frame is steel. Which maybe a little heavy for all day.

Kimber makes their carry's with aluminum frames however, they run around 1200 + normally ( I think )

I carry the Magnum Research 1911 C too. It was affordable but when I was through replacing the guide rod assy. with a Wilson flatwire kit (the original had chrome flaking off it and chrome flakes will damage softer steel), replacing the wood grips, adjusting the extractor and fitting the slide stop pin to the legs it is finally finished and perfect. Just remember that the original 5 inch model works best. Anything shorter usually works best with a bull or coned barrel.