Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 trigger lever question

rchaas

I think I have done this correctly, but could use some help from some of you who know for sure. I swapped for lighter springs in my 929. After removing the trigger and the hand, I noticed that the trigger lever fell out as did the hand torsion spring. I was able to reinstall the hand by reinserting the spring, short leg first and then lifting the longer leg of the spring over the pin on the hand so it is now spring loaded as required.

My question is about the trigger lever. It slips in but is not retained, even after reinstalling the hand and its torsion spring. Once the rebound slide and its spring/pin are reinstalled, then the lever is kept in place by those parts. Is this correct, or should the lever be retained somehow by the hand/spring assbly?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine came out as well Could not get it back or figure out how to do it. I called S&W and they explained how to do it,said it takes 3 hands & it just sets in the small saddle & kind of floats in there.It's the "new" style.After locking the trigger in a padded vice, my 3rd hand, it went in easy. BUT still a pain in the ass. Pete