Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder sticking to powder check dabber

A USED dryer sheet. new ones have lots of stuff on them and will wind up leaving what seems like a film on the parts. It is also helpful to keep stuffing them in your powder measure as well between uses as the powder will stick to the plastic walls until you get a build up on the graphite.

• 1 month later...

There is a spray powder Graphite at home depot. They have a small selection of sprays... It works great for this as i just did this for the same reason. It coates really well and dries nice and even... You'll start spraying it on everything that needs lube.. You can even spray it into the powder hop to make it nice and smooth. It was working for me the past few weeks but then today i had Titewad sticking to it and nothing is making it not stick... Powders are weird sometimes when it comes to using them in a progressive press. I also bought some DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant Aerosol Spray that i could only find on Amazon. Im going to try that next on the powder cop stick.. That thing is really pissing me off getting powder every where. It would be nice if the die manufacturers would polish parts like that stick and even the ptx expander little thingy that goes in the powder drop.. For some reason my 9mm one refuses to let go of some flakes, tried all the antistick treatments and nothing works.. Im going to polish it tomorrow and see if that works as the Graphite spray i mentioned wore off after onlt a few cases.

I polished the crap out of mine to a mirror shine with Never Dull. Nothing sticks to it now.

For trash cans like 45 ACP leaving the sensor at its factory size is fine.

For small opening cases like .223 I made a smaller shoulder profile on the sensor do it enters the case easier. Make sure you leave the flat to seat on top of your powder.