Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Marvel 1 ( 22 conversion that is )

eerw

00Marvel22lr.jpg

Got my Marvel today...thanks to everyone for all the info..now got to head to the store to get 22lr ammo and out to the range..

Test target was 3/4"..really looking forward to having some fun with this..

do they have a favorite load, bullet type???

Awesome, Stuart! you are in for some fun!

Hopefully you have the STI singlestack grip for the mags. I have heard that the Marvel spacer mags for STI can be problematic....Cant afford any to try for myself right now....grumblegrumble......

Best ammo to run the gun is CCI standards or Blazer .22 for practice. The Blazers are so damn cheap and accurate for the money it is hard not to buy them. A buddy with an FFL can get you a case of 5K for less than you would think.....

For matches I recommend CCI Mini mags....

For reliability I would recommend a 17lb mainspring, but I have had good luck with CCIs and the ISMI 15lber.

Marvel recommends to screw down the guide rod tight, but that is for extreme accuracy.......Sucks for reliability. I do that then loosen it a little so the slide stop will move a little. Then expect the gun to jam a couple times until the kit settles into place. This seems to happen with the factory barrel, and another that I had them ream at the factory for better reliability.

FWIW I shot the Blazers at the SC last year, used a boresnake and a chamber brush, and oiled it after every stage, had two jams on the last shot of the stages, Thankfully.......I will be shooting CCI Mini mags this year! Enjoy your gun!

DougC

Flyin40..

yup..took off the rib..some folks around here suggested that. It sure does open up the window for the brass to eject..so I was going to give it a try..

it is the Marvel steel comp..