Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DA trigger question

ny32182

So I switched to unicorns this year (been shooting them since January) and I've witnessed some people working on them, but that's it.

My highest round count stock 2 has about 19k on it, and I decided to take the frame apart for a thorough cleaning here during the off season.

After getting it back together, I have a slight issue: Keeping the trigger pressed and rotating the hammer, I can feel the hammer hooks touching the sear. I KNOW for sure, that this was not happening before I took it apart. It is slight, but perceptible. Are the tolerances in these things so tight that minuscule changes in position of different pins or whatnot could cause something like this? The overtravel screw in the trigger is currently backed all the way out and doesn't even touch the frame when the trigger is pulled all the way back.

What should I do?

Shoot it as is? (should be functional for at least a while longer)

Get a new hammer and/or sear fit (I have a guy that I believe could do a good job of this)

Other?

Here's what I would do if I were you:

-take it apart again and re assemble

-if the problem persists I would shoot it as is

What you're checking for is a condition which could cause premature wear of hammer and sear, so why change them before they're worn out?

You may very well get tens of thousands more rounds out of them.

It turned out I was mistaken... not sure what the hitch is (it is VERY minor anyway) but after my gunsmith looked at it, he is convinced it is not being caused by hammer/sear contact.

So, I'm just going to shoot it; whatever it is, I'm guessing that shooting it will make it go away quickly.