Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Separate gen 4 glock 19 slide?

ICEMAN550

I picked up a gen 4 glock 19 slide and springs cheap. Thinking of trigger upgrade for 3.5 to 4 pound pull to use for carry and USPSA production. I would like to keep one slide set up with the reduced recoil springs and Dawson rear with Trijicon HD orange front fiber optic and stock recoil spring with truglo tfo that are on the other slide for carry. Opinions? Eventually I will get a glock 34 or 35 , but since I am just getting started in competitive shooting, I thought this makes sense. I am not new to combat style shooting with 16 years LE and Tactical Training, just the USPDA and maybe IDPA side of it. Hoping to improve my skills overall.

Having two slides would work, but the g19 is great for carry, but not Optimum for production. Yes, you can do it but one other option would be to trade it for a g17

As for the trigger, i have a Pyramid and like it because of the adjustment ability and the metal trigger but, i defiantly want to try out the DK Custom trigger.

While the G19 is a great carry gun, it is nowhere near optimum for USPSA and marginal in IDPA. The G17 is a far better choice (or G22 if you want to make major in USPSA). Alot of guys put in the 3.5lb connector and run either black on black or fiber optic front sights. Night sights are not an advantage in competition. I wouldn't spend the big money on a wazoo aftermarket trigger or barrel until you have a couple of dozen matches under your belt. Competition is 95% mental, and while it's nice to have nice gear, it doesn't make up for walking by a target. I see this every week where new Glock guys come out, and they have changed everything on the gun except the slide and frame. They don't know how to play the game to start with, then their magic gun jams, or goes full auto (DQ), and it ends up being a very bad experience. You want your first match to be a positive experience.