Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti spartan front dovetail cut

Smo11

So I went to change my front sight with a new brazos manny dot that is supposed to fit factory sti dovetail but apparently after trying to install it I did some limited research and found that the spartan has a deeper dovetail I really like the manny dot sight any suggestions on how I can make it work. Thanks

I replaced the front sight on my spartan with a Dawson sight. What should have been a simple project resulted in me hammering the shit out of it to get it out. Scratched it up pretty good. Should have taken it to a smith, which I am not!

Or, sent it to Dawson as mentioned above.

Edited by Skunkape71

Spartans had a Novak dovetail (roughly 0.330 wide) until about a year ago then we started to see some with STI cuts (about 0.300 wide). If the STI dovetail sight just slides through you probably have a Novak cut and that sight will fit. It is about 0.005 inch oversize to allow for fitting. You want to fit the sight not your slide.

Spartans had a Novak dovetail (roughly 0.330 wide) until about a year ago then we started to see some with STI cuts (about 0.300 wide). If the STI dovetail sight just slides through you probably have a Novak cut and that sight will fit. It is about 0.005 inch oversize to allow for fitting. You want to fit the sight not your slide.

thanks Bob I will order a Novak cut