Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G41 IDPA legal magwell

DreGarciaTAT2

Please, God, anyone have an answer. I plan on using my G41 for CDP, and maybe even a couple local matches as an ESP. But I need a magwell. Not even sure why I'm having so much trouble finding one. Has to fit the IDPA box (obviously) and besides that I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DreGarciaTAT2

I just installed one of these on my 34. Advertised as fitting into the IDPA "box", and doesn't require the use of extended mag pads. They don't sell by specific Glock model. There's one for Gen 1,2,&3, and one for Gen 4. You might give them a call and ask about your specific model.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=958689&CAT=3693

ZEV doesn't make a large frame magwell. I believe Carver Custom is the only one making large frame Gen 4 magwells. Not sure if they fit the box.

• 2 months later...

Carver Custom makes a big mouth style, but it is for uspsa and needs to be cut down

to fit in box. I called and asked if they were going to make one for the G41. They said yes.

Asked a question on the forum about anybody having cut one down, but know answers or

pictures yet.

I have the Carver on my G41. I am not cutting mine down b/c my gun is a limited gun (yeah, I know), but I can say the quality is excellent and the service is superb. It would not take much to mill it down for the IDPA box either.

Edited by lawboy

I have the Carver on my G41. I am not cutting mine down b/c my gun is a limited gun (yeah, I know), but I can say the quality is excellent and the service is superb. It would not take much to mill it down for the IDPA box either.

Which backstrap are you using?

Which backstrap are you using?

I am using the bare grip frame. ZEV reduced it and applied carbide to it. There is a photo here in post 168.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203365&page=7

• 4 months later...

Will somebody who uses a G41 with Carver big mouth magwell (cut/milled) for IDPA box please post a PICTURE.

I concur.

4720e2af9da076b3e7bc6f1c77e21c5c.jpg1d3d037da546492cd3ccd57336926fc2.jpgb7b061c1eb2741cb1b8de57124378151.jpgfa6b913fef8c37f53a2c9192962d6f87.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

11e0db095c922394ea0fd60508ee27d0.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk