Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification with now illegal guns

spd522

Doesn't S&A make an aluminum mainspring housing for the Para? That might help. Plus replacing the full length guide rod with a standard one - and I believe someone makes one in plastic (though I can't think of who).

I have a Para LDA 9mm that weighs 41.695 ozs. The grips and 4 screws weigh .765 oz, the FL guide rod is 1.595 oz. and the mag is 3.160 oz. I need to cut 2.695 oz. for SSP. Yes I know I could use it in ESP, but I have other guns for that that are better suited. As someone else said also, I am making this work come Hell or high water!!!!! I also have a Ruger speed six 9mm that I bought last Apr. and sent off to get it to work correctly and a few other things $$$ and I may not get it back before the new rules go into effect. As you probably know now when the new book goes into effect it is illegal for IDPA - period. When I called HQ they said that changing the mag is ok. Aluminum??? WHAT A STUPID RULE just to rule out the LDAs and stainless sigs that were mentioned BY NAME in the former evil rule book. What did HQ have against Para and Sig? As if 2.695 oz. would have helped me beat all the glocks all of the time!

Well, there, I'm done venting.

Chris

What about drilling holes across the mag well of the frame? As pointed out earlier there isn't anything prohibiting the lightening of the frame.

For shaving a few fractions of an ounce off I can see how this might do the trick.

That was for ESP and CDP. An external mod like that will make the gun illegal for SSP.

Ted