Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chamfering recommendations for new SSR 686

S-Hurt

Thought I would shoot SSR in IDPA for 2015 and didn't see the new rule changes coming, so last month I bought a new SSR 686 Pro Series, comp III speed loaders & holders, holster, front sight, and a few other things to get me going. I have a few thousand 38 specials already loaded up using Winchester primers for practice from my ole PPC days .... I know ... I know. I made a mistake by using Winchester primers. Not all of my primers are going off so I need an extended firing pin? I've purchased Federal primers but need to shoot up my loaded rounds first. I would also like to have the cylinder chamfered. Recommendations on who to send my new pistol to for an extended firing pin and chamfering? I do not have the skills to do it myself and live in Southern Indiana.

Your 686-SSR should have come from the factory already with chamfered chambers.? As for the firing pin, I would just try to find a local Smith to install one, spending all that money to send a gun off for something any local guy should be able to do would seem to be a waste.