Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pin Stuck

leemoe83

I am hitting the non-flared end. Yes I am hitting the right way. Guess I will take safeties and grips off and get it flat on the block and beat the shit out of it.

Both ends are flared at the factory and I drill one enough so that the flare collapses as I drift it but don't drill it enough to damage the hole.

I am hitting the non-flared end. Yes I am hitting the right way. Guess I will take safeties and grips off and get it flat on the block and beat the shit out of it.

That's concerning. I've taken out two factory trigger pins and used the bench block both times. A sharp few whacks with a light ball-peen hammer was enough to break through the staking.

It's not the factory trigger pin. I broke a TRS a few weeks ago on a CZ Custom SP01 Shadow. I had a replacement TRS and pin on hand and replaced both. The pin I installed had only 1 flared end, I did not stake anything. It is quite obvious which side is the non flared side and I have struck the pin fairly stoutly and the end of the pin (non flared end) is beginning to deform. I am considering drill out the flare on the other side and trying to punch it through the other way. I am waiting for CGW floating pin to come in before I give it another go. Is the pin fairly soft? Will I need a carbide bit? I could if necessary remove the flare on a mill if necessary.

It's not the factory trigger pin. I broke a TRS a few weeks ago on a CZ Custom SP01 Shadow. I had a replacement TRS and pin on hand and replaced both. The pin I installed had only 1 flared end, I did not stake anything. It is quite obvious which side is the non flared side and I have struck the pin fairly stoutly and the end of the pin (non flared end) is beginning to deform. I am considering drill out the flare on the other side and trying to punch it through the other way. I am waiting for CGW floating pin to come in before I give it another go. Is the pin fairly soft? Will I need a carbide bit? I could if necessary remove the flare on a mill if necessary.

The pin I'm looking at right now has a small detent in it on one end and a flare on the other. My punches have a tit on them that match the detent and keep it centered. I'm thinking that the punch you are using has swelled the head of the pin. If you have a hardened slave pin and an arbor press it would be a better setup. The pins seem fairly soft. A cobalt drill works well.