Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We use the Pact club timers. I've set par as far our as 350sec and it displays total, real time... Not role over. Other features we like are the loud beep and the beep goes upon releasing the start button. Some timers make an audible click when pushed, which many with amplified ears can hear. The Pact timers have a quiet button and I push the button when I give the standby command. Then I release the button to sound the beep, after some random period of time. The CED 8000, with the folding screen is awkward and annoying. The CED 7000 is a great personal timer, but the beep isn't loud enough for club use, and rechargeable battery means, if it goes dead half way through the day, you're looking for another timer, rather than swapping out the 9volt. Also the CED 7000 screen is small making it difficult to show the time to the score keeper while clearing a firearm. The Pocket Pro timer doesn't par high enough for multigun and does the annoying role over at 200sec. We have also had too many break to be considered reliable or long lasting. Our choice is the Pact Club Timer.

Edited by co-exprs

While I was hoping the PACT Club Timer III had the capabilities mentioned above, they don't according to the representative who answered their phone. The max par time on their Club Timer is 99 seconds, and it rolls over (or maxes out) at around 200 seconds. However, their PACT MKIV XP timer will handle much longer par times and will go (I believe) to 999 seconds. They can be found for around $200. The CED 7000 timers are around $120 each.

These timers are available at Shooters Connection, and Brownells, who are both BRM3G sponsors!!

Andy

Hmmm. I think I got two timer's features mixed. I happen to have a Pact Club Timer 3, here at my desk at work. It appears that the Par time does indeed top out at 99.99sec. The recorded time however goes all the way to 999.9 before rolling over. I'm tapping on it now and my last recorded time before roll over was 999.8. So that's the trade off. The Pact Club 3 has everything except the longer par time and the CED 7000 has everything but is small and quiet.

Edited by co-exprs