Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best gear to carry speedloaders?

1911user

What is the best way to carry speedloaders? The safariland 333 is the only triple holder I've found. Two of those would seem to be a decent combo. What do people normally use?

EDIT: this would be for USPSA use. I'm not planning to shoot IDPA.

1911user, FWIW, I use the metal clips similar to the shoot the moon rigs. I don't know what is legal for IDPA but many Revo Shooters in ICORE use the metal clips without any inserts. I also use the same to hold the loaded moonclips To keep the speedloader from moving out one could use a small piece of fuel line secured to the clip so that the rounds fit around the hose. But many ideas are out there. later rdd

I use the same equipment said by Bubber, California Comp moon holders.

Not expensive, good retenction and very easy to find in any shooting store, (i've buyed mine from Dillon Precision On-line store).

Now i tried the Twin full moonclip Holders by Blade-Tech, (Not legal for Idpa, .... but i use for Ipsc Shooting ....), buyed from TKcustom, i like very much this kind of clip-holder because with 3 holders, you can put 6 moonclips in a very little space, ..... a little bit expensive ... <_<

For carrying speedloaders, I've had good luck with the Safariland CD-2 speedloader holders. Cost is about $8.50 each, and I've found that I was able to get 4 CD-2's for the cost of 1 Safariland #333 holder. Which for me is a good thing...I can carry 8 speedloaders instead of 6 (and I usually need all of them)

Another advantage, if you use different revolvers, the Safariland CD-2 speedloader holders will handle any HKS and Safariland speedloaders for both S&W K and L frame revolvers, Colt Pythons, Ruger Security-Sixes and GP100's

(with a little bending, they will even work on speedloaders for S&W N frames)

For USPSA use, if you are using an inner/outer belt system for your holster, (like the Safariland competition belt system) a trick to keep the CD-2 clips from moving on the belt (that has worked for me) is to put velcro on the clip, so that the inner belt prevents it from shifting.