Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

velocity of ar223 out of nordic barrel

gondo

On the off chance someone has this info it would be helpfull. I am sighting in a new upper and dont have access to a chrono till next week but i shot some targets and can see the velocity on the box is off for the federal ar223 ammo. I think it stated 3240 but my ballistic calculator shows it is more like 2850... does any by chance have the muzzle velocity of Federal AR223 55gr out of a Nordic 18" 223 wylde barrel... im sure mine will be slightly different than yours but it will get me very close so maybe ill only have to do some slight tweeking next week.

Federal's test barrel is 24". Or at least that is what it was with XM193 M855 equivalents from what their engineer told me.

I have a record showing 2980 average out of that barrel.

you have a record showing 2980 out of the nordic barrel correct?

From my 18" Nordic I averaged 3057 fps using 55gr Federal American Eagle Ammunition. I also have data on M193 in which it runs a bit faster.

thankyou, i will have access to chrono wednesday finally but this is helpfull

Federal's test barrel is 24". Or at least that is what it was with XM193 M855 equivalents from what their engineer told me.

sorry for the slow response. Yes, it is the nordic 18" barrel.

what are yall using for bc in the calculators... i have found two different bc figures on the internet...

what are yall using for bc in the calculators... i have found two different bc figures on the internet...

You can use our BC numbers. Either our G7 numbers, or the Litz Curves. We are pushing the new set on December 1st, and the new book with data on over 400 rounds will release before christmas. We have a ballistic calculator on the site (It wont let me push a link yet but Applied Ballistics LLC is the site) or you can use the app.

finally made it out to the range and fps was almost exactly 2850 with ar223 out of my 17.6" nordic... so my poi matches up exactly with the chart... that is nice because it is simple..... and just for fun my .458 socom was 1750 which is good to know for hog season which is now for me!

consensus seems to be .269